Title: 'Agent of Chaos'
Fandom: Original Fiction
Characters: Original
Word Count: 200
Rating: G
Notes: Crossposted to
drabble_zone
Summary: "No time to waste!"
We'd all gotten the briefing; and, thus far, everything had gone according to plan. Get in as unobtrusively as possible, get the data we'd been assigned to retrieve, and beat a hasty, and ideally silent, retreat.
But the silent part was where things went a little haywire.
As I was making my way to the exit I'd been given, sirens began to blare. Almost simultaneously, I heard footfalls rapidly heading in my direction. Before I had time to find a place to hide, the runner was on me.
To my tremendous relief, it was one of my own team. The troublemaker of the bunch, the ultimate agent of chaos, a status which he took great glee in.
"C'mon, little ghost," he said, snatching my hand and dragging me along. "No time to waste!"
I picked up my pace to match his. "I don't suppose those sirens have anything to do with you, by any slim chance?"
As we ran, he glanced at me, sparing me a quick grin. "What makes you say that?"
Evasiveness, framed with a charming smile. That meant a yes.
"No time to explain," he added. "The others are cornered; I just bought 'em a necessary diversion."
Fandom: Original Fiction
Characters: Original
Word Count: 200
Rating: G
Notes: Crossposted to
Summary: "No time to waste!"
We'd all gotten the briefing; and, thus far, everything had gone according to plan. Get in as unobtrusively as possible, get the data we'd been assigned to retrieve, and beat a hasty, and ideally silent, retreat.
But the silent part was where things went a little haywire.
As I was making my way to the exit I'd been given, sirens began to blare. Almost simultaneously, I heard footfalls rapidly heading in my direction. Before I had time to find a place to hide, the runner was on me.
To my tremendous relief, it was one of my own team. The troublemaker of the bunch, the ultimate agent of chaos, a status which he took great glee in.
"C'mon, little ghost," he said, snatching my hand and dragging me along. "No time to waste!"
I picked up my pace to match his. "I don't suppose those sirens have anything to do with you, by any slim chance?"
As we ran, he glanced at me, sparing me a quick grin. "What makes you say that?"
Evasiveness, framed with a charming smile. That meant a yes.
"No time to explain," he added. "The others are cornered; I just bought 'em a necessary diversion."